Saturday, February 11, 2012

Pre-Juice Fast: The night before... (Courtney)

Court's first post! Woop woop!

Molly and I are snuggled up enjoying a cup of herbal tea and watching "Fat Sick & Nearly Dead" to get jazzed up about our 2 week adventure ahead! I can't even explain how pumped I am...it's going to be such a great experience. We celebrated our last night of solid food with a delicious strawberry, spinach, red onion salad and a banana, peanut butter, coconut soft serve for dessert, thanks mom and dad for that new food processor! :)

We went shopping today and no joke-cleared out the entire section of swiss chard and we took half of the kale while we were at it, not to mention the GIANT bag of spinach from costco paired with mounds of carrots and celery (ick)...then came the beets, oh the beets. Maybe on the tail end of the next two weeks I'll grow a tolerance for beets, but currently, yucko! At least we always have the trusty potent flavors of lemon and ginger to toss in to the unpleasant juices.

Next came the challenge to fit everything in the fridge, phew! It's a good thing one of my roommates is house sitting this week so I could 'leaf out' on her fridge space a bit (baha get it? :D)

Well I'm distracted by the documentary, thanks to Peter by the way for the great suggestion, it has served as the catalyst to this whole juicy journey! But before I bid farewell, I want to write some things I'm looking forward to...

  • Power of the mind: I have been learning a lot about how important this is and I am excited to see how this experience will help me to build some mental muscle, and really exercise 'mind over matter'. So important...
  • Cut the cravings: My sweet tooth is so persuasive! I'm excited to crave what I actually want to eat, and/or be more mentally tough to make wiser choices "If you want to eat what you want, then change what you want to eat"
  • Spiritually: God asks us to be self controlled, and the more I dwell on that the more I realize how that helps us to live intentionally, to really soak up life! I see the next two weeks as an opportunity to grow in that area, and just like Molls mentioned, it will be encouraging to see how self-control in the food realm spills into other areas of life
  • Educationally: This experience will equip me to share what a detox/reboot looks and feels like. I am excited to tell other people how powerful good nutrition is :D
That's all for now, see you on day 1, or in Molly's terms 'the day to end all days' haha

No comments:

Post a Comment