Thursday, February 16, 2012

dawn of day cinco (court)

woo what a beautiful morning, like the morning face? ;) don't be jelly...
I'm drinking a berry mint blend this morning, but decided to add some carrot-apple-kale pulp that I saved from a few days ago...why not just pack it all in there! Plus, since I was blending the pulp just blends right in! It's delicious...if you were wondering.

Day 4 was most definitely better than any of the other days for me, and day 5 is starting out great too. I can feel myself getting mentally stronger and it's really exciting...for example, last night at youth group we had the lovely Audrey Van Horn and her small group bring in dinner for the kids, and it was chili, cornbread, enchiladas, spanish rice, salad, brownies, you name it. I was a bit tempted for a moment, but then I felt really content with my jar of green juice and it was great! I didn't find myself staring awkwardly and longing for their food, improvement from Sunday for sure! Also, i had some pure apple juice this afternoon and woohieee!! it was overwhelmingly sweet, that encourages me because normally i have a pretty tolerable sweet tooth, but now my palette is changing, YES! Okay one last thing, I did cross fit today and felt great! I was a little nervous about feeling fuel deficient.

Here is something cool I learned yesterday...
  • it's important to know how to say "no" to good things
    • i think many times in life we find ourselves surrounded, bombarded even with seemingly 'good' things...but, i think, to live in a way that is intentional we must know our priorities and be rooted in them, which means sometimes we have to say 'no' simply because we have already said 'yes' to something of greater meaning and importance. i'm so thankful to go through this experience and learn such profound nuggets that will help me to live better-crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment