Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Day 3, over the hump? (court)

I'm draggin-today's probably the toughest yet, and it's only day 3! I'm thankful that Molly and I can hash out all the positives of this experience so I don't get sucked in too far to the hard parts. I always feel hungry and I seem to have less energy, which is surprising to me. I expected to be boosted! Ha maybe after the hump, which we read was about after day 3.

Now for the awesome parts. We went to hot yoga last night, we thought pairing some mind-body-spirit practice with our juice fast would be complimentary to the whole process. It was a blast and they had delicious coconut water, $3/bottle though-yikes! I'm learning so much about how powerful our minds are, I believe where the mind goes the body follows so it's definitely an exciting thing to be getting a grip on my thoughts. I feel extra aware of my thoughts these days...

I know it's only lunch time, but I have already learned a great lesson today:

  • We miss out on A LOT when all we do is think about ourselves
    • Two really cool things fell into place at work this morning, and just before/during the occurrence I was thinking about my tummy, my personal needs, my comfort. Thanks God for waking me up and showing me that when we take our focus off ourselves and look around us to just observe what You are doing in this world to restore it, we will be overcome with amazement. You're everywhere!
also, here are some pics from our journey thus far...

No comments:

Post a Comment