Friday, February 17, 2012

day 6 (court)

well everyone, molly is stronger than I :) yesterday i had a handful of almonds, some salad and some beans, whoops! ha but I'm not disappointed actually.  i tutor 4 adorable children on thursdays in spanish and their family prepares dinner for us...so i figured what the hey, still plant foods! i plan to still juice, but just not exclusively, and im especially excluding sugar for awhile, that is a much needed change.

an interesting thing happened though when i ate a bit of solid food, it wasn't satisfying. all this time with just juice... solid, delicious, wholesome food has seemed like the solution to the struggle, but it wasn't! okay this sounds silly out here but in my head it was a cool realization. i woke up this morning more excited and dedicated to the juice fast because i realized that indulging in food isn't all that it is cracked up to be, it's just a mirage in this time of food deprivation. reminds me of that scene from 'fival goes west' when he thinks he sees his family in the desert....

sooo ya not sure what the next week will look like for me, once I'm out of ingredients i think ill be done juicing--but i plan to adopt the 'juice fast' experiment into my lifestyle, maybe a 3-5 day fast a few times a year. it just feels good and has brought me back to a healthy relationship with food. whoop whoop!

molls I'm here to cheer you on and i am excited to prepare all kinds of vegilicious meals with you after this thing! you're a star!

No comments:

Post a Comment