Sunday, February 12, 2012

Day 1, post 2 (court)

Yippee! I loved today, in hindsight of course things always seem better and we tend to forget the bad parts. I definitely had challenging moments, such as buying oranges, grapes, donuts, and muffins for our mission trip students...but not eating any....also the cookies at church...successful denial #2...oh and the delicious (smelling) cheesy basily lemony tortellini pasta my mom made when i went out to dump the compost...and we can't forget the homemade granola she made today filling the house with a heavenly cinnamon and honey aroma, lastly not to mention the new pistachio butter recipe she tried out! --luckily that one looked like baby poo so it wasn't too inviting :) despite the temptations, i found myself surprisingly content with my jar of glutathione booster juice. wahoo!

I'm tired so I'll jot down some things I learned today, then TFB!

  • food is a gift: all the times i thought about what i wanted to eat today led me to realize that on any other given day...typically...i can have whatever sounds good, i can just go to a store, or my pantry, or a restaurant. in other peoples' lives around the world, that is not the case. i am learning to be more thankful for the food we are privileged to have 
  • food is on my mind too much: sad isn't it? i find myself thinking too much about food centered things, like cooking, eating, nutrition...it's showing me that if i were more self controlled in this area, i could spend much more time and head space thinking about other people and what's happening in their lives. i feel sheepish...(aladdin anyone?) this is good to learn though--i'm thankful that these things are coming to the surface so i can deal with them!
until tomorrow, over and out!

No comments:

Post a Comment