Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Post-Juice Fast Day 1: #Winning

First meal was a success: Savannah loved it, so there’s another new convert (all hail the power of rosemary & mushrooms!), and it was a nice mild reintroduction to solid food.

But the biggest success is that, while good, it wasn’t any kind of be-all, end-all food experience. I didn’t die of happiness at putting the first bite in my mouth. So yay! Food is not the solution I once viewed it as. It’s just, you know, food.

I also made the frozen-banana-peanut-butter ice cream, though the bananas weren’t quite frozen so it wasn’t as good as usual, but for a first try I think it was fine. Peanut butter had me closer to dying with happiness (and this was just plain peanut butter, made in the food processor) but still — eating solid food was just a’ight. Nothing earth-shattering. I couldn’t finish the banana mix, because my stomach all of a sudden felt way too full … I need to be better about assessing how much room I’ve got in there, but I guess that’ll come in time.

Got home with all my fruit and vegetable groceries (I’m spending a bit more than I’d like to, but you do what you gotta do, I suppose) and didn’t feel the need to bite into anything … though I did give in a little bit and taste the almond and cashew butter that I made. What, I needed to make sure it turned out right! And OHMYGOODNESS the almond butter is like cookie dough. Dangerous. I didn’t bring any to work today; I don’t think I’ll need any snacks.

What was truly exciting was finding that last night and this morning, the only thing I was craving was juice. Que?! How did that happen? It’s a great feeling. Juice just seems fresher, a more fitting response to what my body wants and needs … ahhh I feel like a hippie weirdo, but it’s true. And it feels so good.

Got up at 4:25 to do 5 a.m. yoga this morning, which really is the only reason I’ll get up that early. I like the smaller classes and getting done at 6 a.m. and still having so much time in the day. Also, I come home and go back to bed for an hour, so that works for me, too. Woke back up at 7:45, took a shower, made my carrot-orange-lemon juice, and was ready for the day.

Anyway. Going into hourly details of my life is kind of boring, but I’m just stoked that the juicing actually worked. I actually retrained my body to want good things, and I am determined to keep it up. All that delicious food in Seattle is inching farther away as I contemplate what it would do to my post-juice-fast plan … but you know, it’ll be OK if I don’t eat any of it.

Except Chipotle. I’ll be damned if I don’t get some Chipotle. 3 tacos suavecitos para llevar, con barbacoa, tomates, queso y mucha crema, por favor!

— molls

1 comment:

  1. you are a hippie weirdo. but a fabulous one, I must say. ain't no business like the health business.

    ReplyDelete